A good diet to overcome premature ejaculation is something very less spoken of and even less known to people. It may never occur to us that our sexual performance might be dependent on what we eat. Sex is after all just like any other sport where a healthy diet helps us perform better. Just a few simple changes in our eating habits can do wonders for our sexual pleasure and satisfaction. Food that is unhealthy can make us feel sluggish, add on body weight unnecessarily and affect our health in all aspects.
Premature ejaculation is a common sexual problem in men. It is basically due to physical changes, which can have physiological or psychological aspects to it as well. A major reason for poor erection, weak libido and premature ejaculation is improper diet. By paying attention to nutritional needs of men, we can easily overcome this problem. It is said that what is good for the heart is equally good for sex. Some diet tips to overcome premature ejaculation are:
- Insufficient blood flow can be a reason for premature ejaculation. Food with a high content of Vitamin C and E are essential for better blood circulation to the genitals and blood cells to function properly. Fruits like orange, mango, grapefruit and peach are excellent sources of Vitamin C. seeds like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, wheat germ and flaxseeds are rich in Vitamin E.
- Food that increase and improve your arousal is important for a healthy sex life. Aphrodisiac food like chocolate, figs, asparagus, avocado, basil, banana, garlic and honey have long been known for their association with better sex.
- Fruits and vegetables are packed with nutrients and low on calories. They prevent clogging of heart arteries and erectile dysfunction.
- Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a component of the Vitamin A family, that is essential for maintaining healthy prostrate.
- Nuts like walnuts, almonds and pecan are high in amino acids that generate nitric acid in the body, a compound helpful in developing greater erection. Nut oil is also healthy fat that lower cholesterol levels.
- Foods that curb anxiety and calm your nerves are essential just like aphrodisiac food. These are high in calcium, magnesium and Vitamin B complex. Green leafy vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, Brussels, bok choy and spinach have high quantities of these minerals.
- Oysters have long been known as the virility food. With rich contents of zinc, they are beneficial for the proper functioning of the male sex organs.
Studies reveal that the minerals in food enhance testosterone level in the blood, the hormone responsible for sex drive in both men and women. Kegel exercises are helpful in strengthening the pelvic muscles. It is important to enjoy what you eat that to with a mind free of any worry. Just like sex is to be enjoyed with a mind free of tension with regard to performance and quality. These if followed with a good diet to overcome premature ejaculation can surely be beneficial for a healthy sex life.