Did you know that there is a good diet for couples to enhance sexuality? It is known to all that an unhealthy diet leads to severe health crisis. But very few emphasize on the fact that an unhealthy diet can also lead to sexual disorders. Changing your eating habits can not only help you achieve a slim and well toned body but can also boost your sexual performance and spice up your love life.
A major reason behind poor sexual intimacy between couples is obesity. A nutritional diet can help curb this problem. As you consume fewer calories, the nutrients and ingredients in the low fat foods increase sexual attraction, pleasure and satisfaction. Essentially whatever is good for the heart is equally good for the libido.
What you eat goes a long way in making a huge impact on your sex life. Some good foods for good sex are:
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, cabbage, broccoli and bok choy are rich in magnesium and folic acid. They are high in fiber and low on calorie. These dilate blood vessels and leads to better blood flow to the genitals.
- Green tea is rich in antioxidants. This light and refreshing drink is low in caffeine and calorie and promotes blood flow all over the body for better brain and sex power. 2-3 cups of green tea also helps lose weight and relieve stress. It is best to avoid sugar in it.
- Citrus fruits like orange, peach and grapefruit are high in Vitamin C, which increases sperm count in men.
- Watermelons are great for a healthy heart and sex. The citruline present in it gets converted to essential amino acid which relaxes the blood vessels and results in better blood flow.
- The sexy red strawberries are excellent sources of Vitamins and folates that help curb birth defects and boost the libido.
- Eggs, one of the most sensuous foods ever that makes you fit inside out. Rich in Vitamin B, it balances hormone levels and relieves stress. Its healthy protein help break down fat. Studies reveal that couples who had an egg every morning for breakfast tend to lose weight faster than others.
- Dark grape juice and red wine is an excellent source of antioxidants that trigger the production of nitric acid in the body, which relaxes the blood vessels helping in better blood flow to the genitals. It also helps in skin flexibility and elasticity. Excess alcohol consumption should be avoided as it causes weight gain and dampens sexual performances.
- Leaner varieties of red meat and fatty fish contain high quantities of omega 3 and 6 and zinc, a mineral that prevents excess production of a hormone called prolactin, which if present in high level can cause sexual dysfunction.
- Nuts like almond, pecan and walnuts provide the body with monounsaturated fat that is necessary for the production of healthy cholesterol which is required for the healthy functioning of the sex organs.
- Whole grains and oatmeal help in the testosterone production in the body.
- Dark chocolate is an incredible healthy food to boost the sexual attraction between couple. Its high in antioxidants.
Hence, one should innovate with such yummy and healthy options in a good diet for couples to enhance sexuality not only to maintain a healthy body but also spice up their performances in bed.